Teaser Tuesday (Wuthering Heights)

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. The rules:
1. Grab what you are currently reading and open to a random page

2. Share 2 sentences from that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
 
Teaser:
 
"Heathcliff stood near the entrance in his shirt and trousers; with a candle dripping over his fingers, and his face as white as the wall behind him.  The first creak of the oak startled him like an electric shock: the light leaped from his hold to a distance of some feet, and his agitation was so extreme that he could hardly pick it up."
 
-Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, pg. 33
I am in love with this book- having read it every year since 2005.  Sadly, I will not be reviewing this one, because I feel that my "first" reaction of the novel has changed so dramatically after reading it so many times.  However, I do recommend the book and some of the movie adaptations are good as well:



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I've always wanted to read this but never have. Love the teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love love love this book too! I haven't re-read it in a while. I love some of the film adaptations. One recent one on PBS really was bad; more like a bad soap opera.

    Here's my teaser:

    http://atticgirl.blogspot.com/2010/10/teaser-tuesdays-word-gets-around-by.html

    ReplyDelete