Echoes by Melinda Metz

Monday, September 20, 2010

Title: Echoes
Author: Melinda Metz
Pages: 240
Publisher: HarperCollins
Publication Date: April 2001

via Goodreads

Sometimes, when I touch things, words fill my head. Words that feel like thoughts--thoughts that are inside of me...but not mine.
I used to think I was crazy. Used to.
I'm starting to wonder if there's a reason for all the voices that tangle together in my mind. And if I'm right, then it's not my sanity I'm worried about--it's my life.
Review:
This is where it might get a little confusing.  Echoes is a book that have three previous published books in it.  Melinda Metz renamed the book titles: Echoes, Haunted, and Trust.  However I am only done with the first book which was titled Echoes in the book, but in the 2001 version was titled Gifted Touch.  I'm sorry if it's confusing. 

I've decided that since there are three books in this one "jumbo" book that I will do every review separate since many people may have the series in separate novels. 

The first in the series was very intriguing.  The characters are certainly the thing that caught my eye in the first place.  I bought this book under a pretense that this book was about a girl who could read minds, that's it.  I was surprised when I learned that she could read the mind of others when she touched their fingerprints.  It was such an original idea that I never heard of- I wanted to read more.

Basically, the storyline is that Rae gets a thought that someone wants to kill her, and though it is not figured out in the first book- it surely makes me want to read the others to find out who wants her dead. 

This book left me with a lot of question marks, which I'm sure all my questions will be answered later on in the series.  I suggest this book for readers who like the paranormal genre.

Cover (to Echoes): 5

Writing Style: 3

Characters: 3

Plot: 4

Ending: 5

Overall: 4

You Might Also Like

0 comments