Booking Through Thursday and Third Sentence Thursday

Thursday, February 17, 2011


Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted over at BTT2 Wordpress. The weekly questions is:

What’s the most romantic book you’ve ever read?
(Mind you, I don’t mean the hard-core stuff you hide in plain wrappers under your mattress. I mean True Love, Romance, deeply emotional, heart-tugging, and all that stuff.)
And, secondly, did you like it? Is it your usual kind of reading, or did it take you by surprise?

Well, I'm sure there's some book that I thought was amazing when I read it, but I cannot recall it as of now, so I'll go with another romantic book I've recently read.

Goddess of the Sea by P.C. Cast was a surprisingly great read! Though I am reluctant to admit it, I did not like Cast's House of Night series. I tried to read it, but I just wasn't feeling it. This book however, was amazing. In the Goddess Summoning series, Cast has rewritten various mythological stories from a different point of view. This particular book covered the legend of the mermaid Undine. It was a great read and I'm eagerly awaiting the second book which is the new story of Persephone and Hades.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Third Sentence Thursday

Third Sentence Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Sniffly Kitty for charging into the promote a third sentence fray!

1) Take the book you are reading now and post the third sentence
2) Review this sentence anyway you want (funny and silly reviews encouraged)
3) Share the link and spread the love!

"I'm a coyote shapeshifter playing in a world of werewolves and vampires -- outmatched is an understatement"
-Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs

I loved the first few books in this series, and this installment is not a let down so far! Mercedes Thompson is a strong character that rarely disappoints. She's also quite funny in her mannerisms, but then again, when life is as hectic as hers gets, you need some kind of humor.

Plus Mercy holds her own against hordes of bounty hunters, rogue werewolves, double agent fae, and other menageries of magical and paranormal folk.

What are you reading?

You Might Also Like

1 comments