Fallen Dream Cast (Randy, Molly, Mr. Cole)

Monday, June 04, 2012

Since the Fallen Book Discussion has taken over The Bucket List until I survive finals in May, every Monday (instead of the normal: Movie Monday), I will be giving you a taste of what our (Jackie and I) dream cast would look like if they were to make a movie.  For those of you who may not know, Fallen by Lauren Kate has actually been optioned for film.  You can check out more about that HERE.  If there are any updates from now and until the discussion ends (or even after that) I will definitely let you know about any awesome news about the movie.

Each Monday, there will be a new character that we will be casting.  Today, we are casting our own Randy, Molly, and Mr. Cole.  I would love to hear who you would like to play the role.  To see who we are casting next week, check out the schedule HERE.  Also I am giving away some awesome signed Fallen books and other goodies HERE.  Casting Randy, Molly, and Mr. Cole:


Randy
Gina's Pick: Dot-Marie Jones
There is no secret to why I chose Dot-Marie Jones for the role of Randy.  Jones is most known for the role she plays in Glee, Coach Beiste.  Randy is mostly seen as a man-lady and it is questioned whether she is a man or a woman.  Jones does not only look the part but she can act very well.  I think she would do well with the role.
Jackie's Pick: Dot-Marie Jones
 I think most of us recognize this actress as Coach Beiste from Glee.  But, for others, she is Dot-Marie Jones.  She does a superb job of being an intimidating, yet excellent coach and motivator on Glee.  Because of her demanding, sometimes scary nature, she would be perfect to play as Randy from Fallen.  Even as Luce describes Randy from the novel, Jones' position and attitude as Beiste is splendid for what she would have to act like to fully develop Randy's character.  So, go Coach Beiste!!!
Molly
Gina's Pick: Elizabeth Gillies 
Gillies would be a great pick for Molly.  Her character in Victorious just proves her skill of being the meanest girl in school.I think she would work well as Molly.  She was exactly what I pictured for her.  
Jackie's Pick: Jennette McCurdy
Who could be more perfect to play Molly than Sam from iCarly? Also known as Jennette McCurdy, Sam plays a violent, aggressive, vicious, dangerous, and overall grumpy teen in iCarly.  Since Molly from Fallen basically has the same type of attitude, and shows this by dumping meatloaf on Luce, I'm sure Jennette could definitely do Molly justice.  From Sam's random outbursts to her constant teasing and ridiculing of Freddy, she is perfect to play out Molly.  I also kind of picture Molly having a maybe....deceitful look.  I mean that she may appear to look nice, but acts totally different, just like Sam.  Anyway, Jennette would be perfect for Molly, while bringing her humor to the character too.  Go Sa-....i mean Jennette!!!!
Mr. Cole
Gina's Pick: Noah Wyle
When I think of Mr. Cole, I think of someone who is misunderstood and not paid a lot of attention.  He has a very minor role in the Fallen series and it was very hard to cast him, for this reason.  Noah Wyle seemed like the right guy for the job.  He plays all sort of roles from TV Shows like ER to Falling Skies.  I think as Mr. Cole, he could play the background and shine when it is finally his turn.   
Jackie's Pick: Jim Carrey
So, for Mr. Cole, I thought Jim Carrey would be perfect for the role!!! Though Mr. Cole is really not (to me) comical like Carrey usually is, but he can bring his personality to fruition and make Mr. cole all the more interesting.  From his role in The Mask  to Liar, Liar, I know he can definitely pull off acting as Mr. Cole.  He can also have fun being as....well......the teacher that no one wants to sit by, I know he would have fun with that.  Go Carrey!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments