Top Ten Books I'm Reading this Summer

Tuesday, June 16, 2015


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.  This week's topic is: Top Ten Books On My TBR For Summer 2015



After the Red Rain by Barry Lyga, Peter Facinelli, and Robert DeFranco --- I LOVE Barry Lyga; he is one of my favorite authors of all time.  Peter Facinelli, best known for his role in the movie Twilight as Carlisle: I got to meet him on my 16th birthday at my local mall.  By default, of course I am reading anything by Lyga and Facinelli.

Paper Towns by John Green --- The movie releases in July and you bet I'm going to read the book before the movie.  I really love John Green but he likes to make readers cry which is why I haven't read a lot of his work.  Paper Towns is next; let's hope I don't cry.

We Should Hang Out Sometime by Josh Sundquist --- Some booktubers were really pushing this book when it first released a few months ago.  It is a YA memoir-- don't read much of those but the idea of going back to old crushes and asking why you were rejected intrigues me.


Reawakened by Colleen Houck --- Ever heard of the Night at the Museum?  It sort of sounds like that but beyond that.  Sure, the Egyptian Prince in the Met comes to life and he needs help with his family back home. In Egypt.  AWESOME!

Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarry --- Katie McGarry is always my go-to summer read author.  This book, her latest release, is a romance between a guy in a motorcycle club and a good girl.  I was told that McGarry went far out for researching for this novel, even as far as chilling with a motorcycle gang for a month or so.

Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson --- This book was on everyone's radar last August and I completely missed the band-wagon.  Not this time.  It sounds a bit like Maureen Johnson's 13 Little Blue Envelopes and most definitely an awesome summer read!


Rain by Amanda Sun --- Set in Japan.  It's the sequel to Ink which was fantastic! I will finally get to know what happens after she figures out the drawings that come to life is much bigger than she ever could imagine.

Hello, I Love You by Katie M. Stout --- Set in South Korea.  When I first heard that, I was so ready to read this like yesterday.  I just returned from a four-month trip in Korea so I definitely want to check this out.  The girl falls for a K-Pop idol.  It sounds awesome!  I've seen mixed reviews about it-- it came out last week.  I want to read for myself and transport back to Korea.

99 Days by Katie Cotugno --- I'm kind of clueless about what this is about.  I know it's a contemporary romance.  What could go wrong?  It looks like the perfect summer read.


Lying Out Loud by Kody Keplinger --- I just found out that The DUFF has a companion novel.  Where was I when this came out?  Kody Keplinger is also another go-to author for the summer.  Very excited to read this one!

What books are you reading this summer?

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Happy summer reading. I did my summer TBR post a few weeks ago, but I don't think I left you a link for it, so if you want to check it out then please do.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/26/top-ten-tuesday-6/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually haven't read anything on your list, but I want to read Reawakened and Rain really badly solely because those covers are goooooorgeous. Seriously pretty cover art. I'm drooling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list - I haven't read any of these - will have to check out some of your picks.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Paper Towns. I'm a little hesitant to see the movie. But it's one of my favorite John Green books.

    I really want to read Nowhere bu Here and 99 days as well.

    Thanks for stopping by earlier!

    Christina @ Books and Prejudice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm reading Paper Towns right now, and I'm really enjoying it so far! You have some really great books on your list, I hope you enjoy them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to read 99 Days and Nowhere But Here too! I've been craving contemporaries lately. I'll be reading After the Red Rain soon; I just got approved for it on Netgalley. You should request a copy if you really want to read it! I enjoyed Paper Towns but I didn't love it. I wish that Looking for Alaska was becoming a movie instead. :/
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd not heard of Hello, I Love You or 99 Days before but they sound really good! Added to my wishlist! :) I still have to read Since You've Been Gone, too, and you've reminded me to also read Paper Towns before seeing the movie, so thanks! We Should Hang Out Sometime!!! I thought it sounded pretty good when we got it in at work, but I don't really read memoires, so I didn't do any more about it. I'll have to read some reviews. Enjoy your reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read Paper Towns one of the first weeks of summer and it was amazing! I didn't want it to stop! Normally I have a problem with John Green's writing style, but in this book it fit so well. You should try to read it before the movie comes out!

    I've nominated you for the Versatile Bloggers Award! http://jinkiesbooks.blogspot.com/2015/06/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete