Top Ten Hyped Books I've Not Read

Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.  This week's topic is: Top Ten Hyped Books I've Never Read

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas --- This seems to only get more popular the more time it sits on my shelf.  Everyone is talking about these awesome shirts you can buy in this fandom.  I kind of feel left out but haven't gotten around to this.

Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck --- When it first came out, this book was everywhere.  My brother even read it and immediately loved it.  With Houck's release of Reawakened, I expect to find more mention of her earlier series soon.

Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes --- Okay, the cover is amazing.  Everyone was talking about this one too and I bought it because of the hype.  I just haven't read it.


Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid --- I don't know if there was so much hype for this one, outside of BEA and the publishing industry, I mean.  To promote this one, Let's Get Lost even had its own car!  That's right.  I'm reading Alsaid's newest book now so maybe I'll go back and read this one soon.

If It Stay by Gayle Forman --- The movie came out.  The sequel came out.  I'm not that into crying books and I feel this one would be a tear-jerker.  I don't know much about it and I haven't seen the movie.  I want to read it to know what all the hype is about. 

Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell --- Isn't this another sad book?  I started Fangirl a while ago and really loved the writing.  Plus, I love this cover.


anything by Jennifer L. Armentrout --- Technically, that's not true because I have read Cursed (and The Bucket List is featured on the back) but that is the only book I've read by Armentrout.  Doesn't everyone love her? I hear so many awesome things about her and her series-- isn't it a bit over-hyped?

Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein --- I want to read it, I just haven't.  It sounds so good.  I just need the time.  

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl --- A long long time ago, I read the first chapter with a friend and a book discussion.  It was pretty good.  Then I started hearing more about it cause the movie was releasing.  Then another blog did book discussion.  And I still haven't read it all.


Allegiant by Veronica Roth --- Yes, there was hype.  There was also huge disappointment.  Please no spoilers but I don't think I'm ready for the end yet.


Huh, better get to reading these I suppose. What hyped books have you not read yet?

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I read Eleanor and Park, it's the only one I've read by Rainbow Rowell, and yes it is a sad book, but kind of worth it. It's not my favorite book ever but I'm planning on reading Fangirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember being vaguely interested in Beautiful Creatures when the movie came out, but I never got around to reading it or watching the movie. From what I heard, it sounds like Allegiant was somewhat of a base breaker for the Divergent fan community.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Throne of Glass is on my list, too, so I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't read it yet. Basically all of my comments have been people telling me I need to read it. Like right away. And I already own the e-book, I just haven't had the time! I hope I can read it soon, though!

    Also I read Beautiful Creatures and I just disliked it the entire time I was reading. That's just me, but yeah. Didn't enjoy it.

    Great list, though!

    TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to read Eleanor and Park and couldn't get into it. I really loved Attachments by the same author though. Thinking I need to read Fangirl and see how Rainbow Rowell averages out haha! ~Carrie @ ReadingIsMySuperPower

    ReplyDelete
  5. THE FALLING KINGDOMS AND THE LUX SERIES ARE MY FAVORITE!!!!! Read them as soon as you can, just great story-lines and characters that You are going to love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adored the Tiger's Curse series when it first came out, absolutely worshiped those books - gosh, it was so long ago already! Eleanor and Park is worth reading, don't let a little sadness dissuade you! If I Stay was a just-alright book to me, as was Allegiant. All of your other books are on my want-to-read list! Good picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all, I love your banner. Did you designed it yourself? :D
    Falling Kingdoms! Almost every single booktubes I watched recently, this novel is featured in it. I really want to get my hand on it, because I have been wanting to read a lot of high fantasy lately, and this sound AMAZING!

    I haven't read the LUX series either. I have heard her writings are beautiful and her characters are really complex and well-developed. As for If I Stay & Eleanor & Park - I heard they both are very sad so I don't know if I want to read it now. :P But very hyped indeed.

    Meh, I don't really like Beautiful Creatures. For me, it's one of those novels that have great potential, but executed poorly unfortunately. :/ Oh well, I hope when you read it you will enjoy it much more than I did! :D

    P.S. I hope you're enjoying Red Queen, because I've heard raving reviews about it.
    P.P.S. great blog, hence following! ^-^

    Happy reading,
    Kristy.

    ReplyDelete