Kickin' It: July 2015

Sunday, August 02, 2015


Kickin’ It is a new feature at The Bucket List where I round-up the whole month in one post, bringing you reviews you may have missed, other awesome bookish things, and even what I’m currently obsessed with in other media besides books.  July was a busy month.  I’m settling into my internship but the summer is already half-way over (where did the time go?).  As a recent grad, I am still on the endless job search but throughout all I stay positive and keep reading!   Let’s enjoy the beach weather while it lasts and keep reading!


Grace and the Guiltless by Erin Johnson (4 stars): Grace and the Guiltless is a continuous horse-back ride through the Wild West that will keep your heart pounding way past the last page.

Paper Towns by John Green (4 stars): Paper Towns may not be John Green’s best work but it is certainly a work that should not be overlooked.

The Ghosts of Heaven by Marcus Sedgwick (3 stars): If you are into philosophy and non-fiction, give The Ghosts of Heaven a go.

Fairest by Marissa Meyer (4 stars): I am so excited to read the next one in the series.  As a novella, and part of the series, this book is definitely worth reading!

Enshadowed by Kelly Creagh (4 stars): Creagh’s world continues to be as creepy as ever and I am sure in the third book, Oblivion, she will even step it up one more notch.

Rain by Amanda Sun (4 stars): It is the perfect continuation to the series.

Hello, I Love You by Katie M. Stout (3 stars): Hello, I don’t love you, Hello, I Love You and I have loads to say on the matter.

The Stellow Project by Shari Becker (3 stars): I do believe a sequel is necessary, a story shouldn’t end in the middle and there are so many things left to find out in this riveting tale. 


To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han: Yes, I finally read this book.  And yes, it was as fabulous as everyone has been saying it is.  Review to come next month.



We'll Always Have Paris by Jennifer Coburn (4/8/2014): Mother and daughter go to Paris.  I want to go too!

Jane by April Lindner (10/11/2010): I just finished Love, Lucy by the same author and thought I'd give this modern-day retelling of Jane Eyre a go.  Jane Eyre is a not a favorite classic of mine so we shall have to see how this turns out.

Dodger by Terry Pratchett (9/13/2012): When I first picked this up, I thought it was a retelling of Oliver Twist but now I am not so sure.  Sounds pretty intriguing though so I'll have to try it out.


Reawakened by Colleen Houck (8/11/2015): Sounds like Night at the Museum only cooler! I am so excited to read this one!

Legacy of Kings by Eleanor Herman (8/25/2015): At BEA, Herman dressed up as royalty which got everyone in the mood to read her book.  Even without her extra push, I would still be reading this!  Can't wait!

The Boy Most Likely To by Huntley Fitzpatrick (8/18/2015): I haven't read the first one but I plan to before this comes out.  Everyone has been talking about it and I'm wondering what all the hype is.  Please someone tell me...



You're Beautiful by Yu SeungWoo: I don't really listen to that much KPop but I do sometimes.  I lived in Korea for half the year so I miss it dearly.  Plus, I love when music videos tell a story and I was totally shocked with the end result in this one.  


Locked Away by Rock City: I heard this on the radio this month and absolutely love it!  I'm sort of obsessed with watching reruns of Locked Up Abroad and this kind of asks a bunch of questions about it.  Plus, Adam Levine is featured and he has the voice of an angel.


Beautiful Tonight by Lee KiChan: I sort of put this in as a joke because it made me laugh so hard.  It's really strange but undeniable cute in a weird, generic way.  However, the real star of the show has to be the cat.  Please watch it just to see the cat.


Cheerleader by OMI: I have deemed this my official song of the summer.  Yes, it is sort of overplayed but every time I hear it come on, I know all the words and just love it!


How was your July?

You Might Also Like

0 comments